Sunday Entertainment (but on Monday because...

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Monday 11 February 2019

Sunday Entertainment (but on Monday because...




because, well. I didn't feel like turning on the computer yesterday, to be honest. But I have gathered a few links and things that I found interesting.

This first one, I totally stole from Amy Lane because I thought it was a very good point. Now I know that my "career" as a writer is already a creative one, but my "hobbies" are of a totally different creative bent and exercise completely different creative muscles. So here's the article. It's very short. Go have a read.

https://hbr.org/2019/02/why-you-should-work-less-and-spend-more-time-on-hobbies?fbclid=IwAR0TWwbCw2XesTyEyivn-z7wjEmsXE0bZKIhI1VnyU4VBTw06utld3hlGvE
I also found an inspiring story on YouTube about dancers who don’t hear and musicians who don’t see. Check out the video of their story here. This is truly a performance I would be privileged and honoured to see. https://www.facebook.com/greatbigstory/videos/1153891321452107/UzpfSTEzMDA0MDAzMzE6MTAyMTgxMDU5MTY4MjE2Nzc/?sk=wall

And finally, a little game of pick three. Now, normally, there are always three items on the list that are head and shoulders more important to me than the rest, making the choice easy for me. Not this time. I mean, at first blush, coffee goes without saying. And obviously books. Because hello. How can I give up books when making them is what I do? And then there is Netflix. Because everyone needs downtime. But then I would have to give up my dog, and hells no, that is not happening. And I would give away the chance to be owned by any more cats, also not okay. And Cheese! I mean seriously. Who can give up all the cheese forever? Not I, I say! That leaves tacos, make-up, jewellery and chocolate. But I really like shiny things, as anyone who has ever been inside a mall or at a market of any kind with me can attest. So then, let’s play “give up three” no brainer. Tacos, outta there. Make-up, I can live without it. Chocolate is nice, but not the end of the world. Your turn. Pick three.



No comments

Error 404

The page you were looking for, could not be found. You may have typed the address incorrectly or you may have used an outdated link.

Go to Homepage