Sunday Entertainment

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Sunday 6 November 2011

Sunday Entertainment


A NEW PROJECT:


We're calling it the safe reading zone, in honour of those places where GLBT youth can find safe zones in their schools and communities; where they can find adults ready and willing to listen and give them a safe and sympathetic ear, shoulder, or whatever else they need. Authors are banding together to create virtual spaces on their blogs where youth (or anyone else) can go, comment, ask for help, or just find resources to get through tough times. My page is here: http://jaime-samms.net/safe-reading-zone/, comments are open, and if I can help, I will. The website is under development here: http://safereadingzone.com/
(Authors, if you would like to participate, please contact me or any of the other authors listed on the website)


In Weekly exciting things I came across:
Cool Beans:
Damon Suede's book, Hot Head is up for Best Romance on Goodreads Reader's Choice awards.
I read it. (And talked about it.) A lot. I know it's one of my top reads of 2011. Check out his competition, too. Who wouldn't do Very Bad Things to get on that short list? Way to go, my friend!!!
Check out Johnny Miles' interview in Queer Magazine Online. I met this guy in New Orleans, and he's fantastic, sweet, and incredibly kind. You can hear his enthusiasm in this interview in which he tells his age, among a lot of other things, and really, Johnny? I totally did not get that 'old guy' vibe off you, dude! Lol! Also, Johnny wrote Learning to Samba, which I loved.






ON THE HOME FRONT

If you are eight and wickedly creative, this piano bench is an interstellar motorcycle with on-board water blasters and built-in flexi-armour. Who knew. Probably not the people who moved and gave us the piano for the cost of moving it. Sucks to be them :D

AND PUBLISHER STUFF

New releases from Pink Petal Books this week: Have a gander at the Newsletter

1 comment

e shodhana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Error 404

The page you were looking for, could not be found. You may have typed the address incorrectly or you may have used an outdated link.

Go to Homepage